I decided as a weekend project to build one of the DIY Stabilisers going around on the net. Going with the most basic and probably practical I followed the guidance from http://littlegreatideas.com/stabilizer/diy/
Below are the results, first filmed hand held and then on the Steadicam rig. I’m also not claiming to be a master of Steadicam nor even an average user, but it does show how much of a difference it can make.
– Col B.
UPDATE: So after playing around and trying to work out my needs for this on the job I decided to pick up the Glidecam HD4000. I’ll have footage to show in the near future!